Being in Tokyo is a fashion haven and it's absolutely overwhelming with all the trends here. Something I've really noticed is that Japan is truly a society of conformity. The "gyaru"s are still alive and well, all over Tokyo, and
they all look the same. It's honestly almost creepy how they all have the same hair, same make-up, same clothes and all talk the same. Anyway, I guess that's part of Japanese culture and nothing will really change that. It's so cold this winter but the girls still brave the cold with
short shorts and thigh-high boots. I don't know how they do that and more power to you, if you can.
Furs are still in and so is
military-inspired clothing. Make-up wise,
neutrals seem to still be rather popular with
false lashes. I just purchased this magazine,
Sweet, which features "favorites" of models so I thought I'd share.
Rena Takeshita
Wooly Ponchos | Comfortable Vans (Winnie the Pooh)
Emi Suzuki
Knitted Hairband | Tartan Scarf
Coco Kinoshita
Socks with Heels | Mens Hats
Christina
Ray Ban Sunglasses | "Nordic" Clothing
Ikumi
Leopard Print Coat | Oversized Denim Jacket
These are only a few of the many items featured in the magazine but I'll admit I'm feeling a little lazy. It's almost midnight and I'm still pretty jetlagged... gotta walk the dog at 6:30 AM with my dad so time to hit the sack.
What are your thoughts? Who are your favorite models?
Day 02 - What you'd like to be in 20 years In 20 years, I'll be 42! That's a scary thought. In 20 years time, I'll hopefully be a full blown teacher and possibly even own my own pre-school/kindergarten. Hopefully be married with kids and living in Tokyo. I don't even know... 20 years seems so soon but my 40's seem so far! How terrifying! We shall see. As long as I'm not living on the streets and still mooching off my parents, I'll be happy. Ha.
Oh I love those hadbands with bows! <3
ReplyDeleteThis kind of post continues to be a little bit of a revelation if you ask me.
ReplyDeleteRS GP